Tuesday, June 19, 2007

XM Radio Channel 150: Make it Mandatory for Obtaining a Florida Drivers License

Recently I've been using a loaner with XM radio. Until I listened to Channel 150, a comedy channel, I dismissed paying for something that is free as foolhardy and a waste of money. I was wrong. In fact, I think the state of Florida should require proof of buying into the service as part of the requirements for obtaining a drivers license. It is my belief that listening to Channel 150 will not only put a smile on your face while driving during the most horrendous traffic, but it will reduce traffic accidents and road rage. I understand that there are other comedy channels available on XM that are not as "adult" as Channel 150 and these should be allowed as alternatives for families or those adults who have a hard time with profanity and "adult situation comedy." Of course, Sirius, the other satellite radio company, will get bent out of shape because the state chose XM over them, well, to that I say, give the franchise to the company with the lowest bid, i.e., a rate so low per driver that old school drivers like me won't mind forking over a few extra dollars per month to pay for the service. This might be done by supplying a stripped down version of satellite radio that includes only the comedy channels. To make it even more palatable, make it a requirement that the winning company give a percentage back to the FHP.

P.S.: Don't forget the next meeting regarding the fate of the Miami Marine Stadium is tomorrow at 6pm in the La Salle High School (3601 S. Miami Ave.) cafeteria.

1 comment:

Xavier said...

V,
I got fed up with radio one day and got XM. It was worth it. Bottom line. Road Rage reduced by comics. I'd like to see a study on that.