Some facts on the building that started it all:
- 20-stories, 96 condo units, 6 apartments per floor
- 5-story "sky court"
- 300' long by 37' wide (the length of each side of the building's "hole")
- It appeared in the opening credits of the "Miami Vice" TV series
- A rival developer, concerned that Atlantis was taking all the attention away from his new building next door, hired famed kinetic artist Yaacov Agam to make the building look like one of his 3D paintings. Thousands of gallons of paint later, the Villa Regina still can't save itself from the powerful aesthetics of Atlantis although it does allow a select few to say dismissively, "You may own an Agam, but I live in one."
- Now, after 25-years, Atlantis has decided to light up its way cool red roof-top pyramid. That red glowing pyramid is a welcome addition to Miami's ever changing night time skyline.