Want to make a movie in Florida? Governor Charlie Crist signed a reworked film, TV and digital media incentive package that includes:
- $25 million for cash reimbursements up to 15% of the total Florida budget of a filmed television show or movie,
- Unused funds may roll over into next year's budget, allowing for productions to qualify for money in both fiscal years (Florida's fiscal year ends on June 30th),
- Qualifying expenditure threshold has been lowered from $850,000 to $625,000,
- Florida's independent filmmakers will need only $100,000 to qualify for state funds,
- Up to $400,000 will be allowed for individual salaries,
- A 2 percent bonus is available for family-friendly films.
FYI, Electronic Arts, one of the world's biggest video game makers is based in Orlando (Sun Post).
For more information, click here.
Graphic: Martin Kreloff, from the 1980 Greater Miami International Film Festival.