Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rodney Dangerfield Masthead Mechanics Confidential



I've had a few queries regarding the masthead (I'm sorry, that's a lie. I hardly get any queries or comments. This is afterall, "The Rodney Dangerfield of Blogs"). It, like the rest of the images on this site, was created in Corel Draw/Photopaint using pictures I either made or found on the web.

Regarding Rodney Dangerfield, besides being one of my favorite comics, I actually met the man while floating in the Atlantic Ocean off of Ft. Lauderdale. The first thing I saw was Rodney's head moving toward me just above the water. I instantly had a flashback to that famous hamhanded black and white trick-pic of Chairman Mao taking a swim in the Yangtze river. It was released by the commies to prove that Mao was not only very much alive but for an aging dictator, he was also one healthy, lean-mean swimmin' machine. Both images had an odd, otherwordly appeal except that Rodney's head talked back to me. "Hey, how's it going?" he asked. I'm sure if he had a necktie to tug at, he would have. God bless Rodney Dangerfield where ever he is. In case some of you have never heard of him because you are so freaking young and would like to hear him do some of his jokes, please go to the website he created before his death at: www.rodney.com. If you dig deep enough in his video archives, you'll find Rodney's famous "Triple Lindy" off the diving boards. That Rodney, always a cut-up in the water.

No comments: